The PIVOT Food Truck grant will fund Food Trucks that are independently owned and operated in Fairfax County. Food Trucks are any readily movable mobile food service establishment, to include vehicles that are self-propelled, pushed or pulled to a specific location.
How to Apply:
- Applications will open at 9:00 AM on June 23 and close at midnight on July 9, 2021.
Individual grant awards:
- Up to $1,500. One grant per food truck.
If more applicants apply than funding permits, a lottery will be held to select eligible businesses.
Business Operating Status:
Must be open or temporarily closed, planning to reopen by August 31, 2021.
Types of Ownership:
- Corporations, partnerships, and LLC’s: all are potentially eligible. Each food truck must also be connected to an eligible commissary in Fairfax County.
- Sole Proprietors are eligible, subject to the following:
- Must meet minimum eligibility criteria for businesses.
- Must demonstrate that 51% annual income is derived from applicant business.
- Has not received unemployment benefits in excess of six months during calendar year 2020.
Approved Uses of Grant Funds:
Grant funds can be used for: working capital, equipment, rent, debt payments, inventory, employee compensation, and other business critical operating expenses, and to implement COVID-19 prevention or mitigation tactics. Funding must be used to sustain or evolve the grant awardee business. No grant funds can be used to pay debts to close the business or start a new business. All grant awardees will be expected to enter into a grant agreement with Fairfax County. A condition of the grant will be that the grantee will in good faith maintain the business in Fairfax County through December 31, 2022. Potential grants will reimburse businesses for eligible costs incurred on or after March 3, 2021.
Required Documentation (subject to change prior to grant registration opening):
- Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- 2019 and 2020 year-end profit-and-loss statement, tax returns or similar statement of organizational financial standing
- Current Fairfax County BPOL license.
- Fairfax County Health Department Food Establishment Permit
- Have eligible reimbursable costs of up to 100% of the grant amount requested. Costs to be demonstrated by receipts/ invoices. Per Federal guidelines all expenses must have been incurred AFTER March 3, 2021, to be eligible for grant funding.
Minimum Criteria for Eligible Businesses:
- Businesses located in Fairfax County, including the Towns of Clifton, Herndon and Vienna.
- Must be revenue-generating prior to March 1, 2020.
- Annual receipts or gross revenue less than $3.5M (per establishment)
- Business must be able to demonstrate a 15% decrease in revenue during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Need to possess a current FFX County Health Department Food Establishment Permit.
- Food trucks must be independently owned and operated.
- Food trucks must operate from a commissary located in Fairfax County.
- Businesses may have received other assistance including, but not limited to RISE, PPP, EIDL, REBUILD, except Restaurant Revitalization Fund.
Ineligible Food Trucks:
- Businesses are ineligible if they are located outside of Fairfax County, including if they are located in the City of Fairfax or the City of Falls Church, which are independent jurisdictions and not part of Fairfax County.
- Food Trucks owned and operated by a restaurant are ineligible.
- Businesses are ineligible if they are permanently closed.
- Businesses are ineligible if they are home based, non-commercial.
- Businesses are ineligible if they are food manufacturers.
- Businesses are ineligible if they have received notice of award from SBA Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF).
For More Information:
For more information on the PIVOT Food Truck Grant and how you can prepare to apply, please review:
Questions regarding the grant or application process should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org