Do you have concerns about your baby's development? Contact us; early intervention services can make a difference.
What Is the Infant Development Program?
- Helps your family learn ways to encourage your child to develop new skills
- Provides support and referral services to your family and child as needed
Who Is Eligible for the Program?
- Parents and/or medical providers who have concerns about development and are
- Residents of Fairfax County, Fairfax City or Falls Church City and have
- Infants 0-2
What Services Will My Child Get?
Services may include:
- Screening and Evaluation
- Specialized teaching
- Referrals to other services as needed
- Visits by a Public Health Nurse
Who Provides Services?
- A physical therapist
- A pediatrician
- A public health nurse
- Speech language pathologist
Where Can I get Services?
- All district offices except for the Joseph Willard Health Center
Signs of Possible Concerns
- Stiff or floppy muscles
- Not sitting alone by one year
- Not walking by 18 months
- Clumsy or falls often
- Trouble seeing or hearing
- Not speaking by age 2
- Medical history that puts your child at risk (e.g. premature birth)
- Developmental Stages - American Academy of Pediatrics