All staff, volunteers, participants/members, caregivers or other center users who may avail themselves of the facilities and services offered by Neighborhood and Community Services Centers are expected to:
- Be responsive and sensitive to diversity amongst participants/members, staff, volunteers and the community at large.
- Engage with others respectfully in an environment free from harassment, intimidation and physical or sexual assault.
- Respect all by committing to appropriate use of electronic devices and refraining from sexually and racially explicit or harassing material or communication.
- Respect all by using polite language, sharing resources and solving problems cooperatively and peacefully.
- Take care of property, keep communal space clean and conserve and protect community resources. Center users will not engage in or tolerate vandalism or theft.
- Self-regulate to the best of one’s ability in a mature and responsible manner and conduct oneself in a way that is safe, respectful and does not disrupt the ability of others to participate.
- Commit to an environment free from loitering, gambling, soliciting and panhandling.
- Commit to an environment free of dangerous weapons, including bats, shields, poles, bricks, stones, rocks, pieces of asphalt or concrete, knives, hatchets, axes, saws, slingshots, blackjacks, metal knuckles, mace, pepper spray, metal buckles, chains, crowbars, hammers, clubs, bludgeons or other items that may be used as a weapon.
- Comply with all restrictions on the possession, carrying and transportation of firearms, ammunition and components thereof in recreation and community centers and other areas where “no firearms” signs are posted.
- Commit to a drug free environment. The use of tobacco products, e-cigarettes, alcohol or public intoxication and the use of illicit drugs are not permitted.
Center users in any capacity who do not respect the Code of Conduct may be asked to partake in a restorative justice process. This process is based on center policies and participant/member needs, regardless of income, age, gender, ethnicity, or race, and physical or mental ability, behavior, or lifestyle. Every attempt will be made to allow other center users involved to be equal partners in this process.
By my signature on my original membership application, I understand that ALL participants must comply with the Code of Conduct. Violators of this Code of Conduct will be asked to leave the Center and will be subject to the progressive disciplinary actions outlined in accordance with Agency policy. Such action could include denial of his/her continuation in the program.