Thank you for your generosity! Whether you're looking to donate some items to help shelter pets or for inspiration on what to include on your supply drive list, we are incredibly grateful for your support.
Amazon Wish List
From dog treats to supplies for neonatal kittens, our Amazon Wish List is kept up-to-date with our most needed items! You can buy directly from our wish list and the items will be delivered right to both of our shelters' doors.
Please bring your donations directly to our customer care staff at our Michael R Frey Campus, located at 4500 West Ox Road, Fairfax, VA 22030. Donations can be dropped off during business hours: Tuesday and Wednesday from 12 to 5 p.m., Thursday and Friday from 12 to 7 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. We are currently unable to accept donations at our Lorton Campus.
We kindly request that you refrain from leaving donations outside our shelter doors and instead bring your items to our customer care staff during business hours!
Items are we able to accept:
- New or gently used:
- Fleece blankets of any size
- Bath and hand towels
- Stuffed dog and cat toys
- Collars, harnesses, leashes (please no extendable leashes)
- Collapsible dog crates
- Ceramic food bowls, small bowls for cats and small animals
- Pet beds (please no extra large beds)
- New only:
- Tennis balls
- Cat carriers and scratchers
- Soft treats
- Flea/tick and heartworm preventatives
- Pee pads
- Cat litter
- Anything from our Amazon Wishlist!
- Monetary donations are always appreciated and can be directed to the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter.
Items are we unable to accept:
- Bedding (including sheets, comforters, pillows, cushions, sleeping bags)
- Any damaged or heavily used, dirty or ripped/torn items
- Used plastic crates, carriers or cages
- Used litter boxes
- Dog diapers
- Homemade treats or toys
- Used cat scratchers
- Cat trees
- Prescription medications
- Human clothing
- Pet ramps/stairs
- Retractable leashes and prong collars
- Hard treats - bones, rawhide, etc.
- Styrofoam products
- Plastic bowls
Thank you for supporting our shelter pets!