For Immediate Release
Jan. 13, 2020
As approved by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors in Dec. 2019, minor service changes to three (3) existing Fairfax Connector bus routes and establishment of a new express route will go into effect on Saturday, Jan. 25, 2020. Members of the public provided input on the proposed service changes in the fall of 2019 at community meetings, through an online survey, and at pop up meetings held at various park and ride locations and on Fairfax Connector buses routes. The service changes aim to enhance customer service and increase ridership by improved on-time performance, better connections and increasing service reliability.
Changes Effective Jan. 25, 2019
- NEW SERVICE – Route 396 – Backlick North Park-and-Ride to the Pentagon – Provides express service in the I-95/395 corridor giving commuters a shorter trip by eliminating the stop at Gambrill Park and Ride. This service will feature 12 inbound morning and 14 outbound afternoon trips. Route 396 is funded by the NVTC Commuter Choice Grant Program.
- Route 306 – GMU-Pentagon – Minor running time adjustment to ensure that buses arrive at scheduled times.
- Route 395 – Gambrill–Pentagon Express – Route will no longer serve the Backlick North Park and Ride, providing direct service to the Pentagon. The Backlick North Park and Ride will have bus service provided by new express Route 396.
- Route 950 – Herndon– Reston – Minor running time adjustments to improve on-time performance on Saturday afternoons on Elden Street in Herndon.
Stay Connected and Informed
Fairfax Connector is the largest local bus system in the Northern Virginia region transporting 35,000 passengers on 92 routes daily. For more information about Connector service and to stay engaged:
- Email email@example.com
- Call Fairfax Connector service at 703-339-7200, TTY 711
- Follow us on Twitter @ffxconnector or like us on Facebook/fairfaxconnector
- Sign-up for alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts
- For more information Visit https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/connector/news or call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608