Northern Virginia Regional Projects Office - REACH
Regional, Education, Assessment, Crisis Services, Habilitation – REACH
REACH services are available to support individuals residing in DBHDS Northern Region for Developmental Services which is comprised of the areas served by the Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax-Falls Church, Loudoun, Northwestern, Prince William Rappahannock Area, and Rappahannock-Rapidan CSBs.
REACH Mission: To prevent unnecessary institutionalization of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and to provide them opportunities to live in the most integrated setting appropriate to their needs and consistent with their informed choice.
- Provide in-home and community-based crisis assistance services to individuals and their families in order to improve the quality of life and decrease facility placements and/or inpatient hospitalization.
- Individuals who have a documented diagnosis of intellectual or developmental disability who are experiencing crisis due to behavioral or psychiatric needs.
Intensive Community Support
- Support provided in the individual’s existing community residence.
Adult Crisis Therapeutic Home
- Provides both planned and unplanned crisis services;
- Serves up to six adults;
- Provides clinical and behavioral support on a time-limited basis (up to 30 days) to stabilize the individual and assess ongoing needs.
- Mobile crisis support – respond to crises in the community within one hour;
- Assess and determine support needs;
- Develop crisis or behavioral plans (cross-system planning);
- Referral services for ongoing treatment (community/prevention services, emergency medical, CSB intake, etc.).
REACH Referral Process
- Referrals can be made by family members, Emergency Services, case managers and other providers.
- Adult Referral Line – 855-897-8278
- Children’s Referral Line – 844-N-CRISIS (844-627-4747)