June 12, 2018 - Primary Elections if Held
November 6, 2018 - General & Special Elections
In April 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau conducted the national decennial census and released detailed population data relating to Virginia in February 2011. The 2010 Census data will be used to reapportion representation in the United States House of Representatives, state legislatures, and local elected governing bodies - a process commonly referred to as redistricting. Additional information regarding redistricting can be found at the Commonwealth of Virginia Division of Legislative Services - Redistricting 2010.
2018 - 2022 Election Calendar
- Virginia has a General Election every year on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.
- Federal offices are elected in even-numbered years.
- State and Local offices are elected in odd-numbered years.
- Clifton Mayor and Town Council are elected in even-number years on the first Tuesday in May.
- Herndon Mayor and Town Council are elected in even-number years on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.
- Vienna Mayor and 3 Town Council members are elected in even-numbered years on the first Tuesday in May.
- 3 Vienna Town Council members are elected in odd-numbered years on the first Tuesday in May.
- If primaries are called by the political parties, they are held on the second Tuesday in June.