May 5, 2020 - Town Elections
June 9, 2020 - Primary Election (if called for)
November 3, 2020 - General & Special Elections
5-year Election Calendar
In April 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau conducted the national decennial census and released detailed population data relating to Virginia in February 2011. The 2010 Census data will be used to reapportion representation in the United States House of Representatives, state legislatures, and local elected governing bodies - a process commonly referred to as redistricting. Additional information regarding redistricting can be found at the Commonwealth of Virginia Division of Legislative Services.
- Virginia has a General Election every year on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.
- Federal offices are elected in even-numbered years.
- State and Local offices are elected in odd-numbered years.
- Primary elections, if called for, are held on the 2nd Tuesday of June
- Clifton Mayor and Town Council are elected in even-number years on the first Tuesday in May.
- Vienna Mayor and 3 Town Council members are elected in even-numbered years on the first Tuesday in May. 3 Vienna Town Council members are elected in odd-numbered years on the first Tuesday in May.
- Herndon Mayor and Town Council are elected in even-number years on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.