The Internal Audit Office's strategic focus is to provide our customers with:
- Independent, objective analyses of financial, operational, systems, and program areas
- Training resources for risk, controls, fraud, and financial reviews
Benefits of What We Do
Internal audits and management advisory project provide:
- Independent, objective assessments of risk, controls, and compliance
- Transparency of county operations
- Fraud deterrence
Audit report recommendations lead to:
- Enhanced controls over processes, programs, and functions
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness of county operations, and cost savings and revenue enhancement
- More effective management decision making
Training efforts lead to increased knowledge and awareness of county staff.
Financial reviews lead to cost savings and provide management with an assessment of financial stability.