Members of the Internal Audit Office are actively involved in their profession. Internal Auditors are participants in many organizations providing access to a depth of knowledge and resources.
The following listing represents organizations that our department uses as informational tools to enhance and help broaden the efficiency and effectiveness of our auditors. Included are the web site addresses for each.
- Association of Local Government Auditors (ALGA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Virginia Local Government Auditors Association (VLGAA)
Accounting and Finance
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- General Accountability Office (GAO)
- Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB)
- Government Finance Officers Association
Local Audit Chapters