Travel Training supports the independence of our population by enhancing awareness of and access to public transportation options offered in our area. Using the public transportation system in Fairfax County is an affordable, reliable and safe means of mobility that promotes independence and aging in place.
Travel Training teaches how to:
- Plan a trip by bus or rail
- Read bus and rail schedules
- Pay bus and rail fare
- Complete a bus or rail transfer
- Reach specific destinations
- Access local transportation resources
The Travel Training program is currently being streamlined to provide an enhanced experience. For information about one-on-one, small group or train the trainer training opportunities, please contact MaryJo Hensler or Cynthia Alarico.