Due to the overwhelming influx of items being donated at the Shelter, we are now no longer accepting any items for donation, with a few exceptions. We simply don't have any more storage space, or we cannot use the donated items, and we're having to throw things in the dumpster which we'd like to avoid!
Below are the only items we are currently able to accept:
- Unopened and unexpired dry pet food, and unexpired canned pet food
- Opened unexpired dry pet food - to pass along to our wildlife rescue partners
- Items from our Amazon wishlist:
- Monetary donations are always very much appreciated and should be directed to the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter: www.ffcas.org
Please do not leave any other items outside our doors; they are thrown away.
Items we cannot accept nor use:
- Bedding, including: sheets, comforters, pillows, cushions
- Heavily used, dirty, or ripped/torn items
- Used litter boxes
- Homemade dog or cat treats
- Prescription medications
- Dog toys made from braided t-shirts
- Anything not on the above list!
Other ways to donate:
- View our Amazon Wish List to send us items we need!
- If you shop on Amazon, you have the option of designating the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter as your charity of choice via Amazon Smile, which generates even more donations to help our shelter pets!
- Visit the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter webpage, whose work helps support the shelter and provides the financial means for lifesaving care in numerous ways.
Kids Can Help!
If your child or a group of kids wants to do a project to donate to the Shelter, PLEASE reach out to us first to see what we need and can use. Below are some ideas for your consideration.