We are accepting a few types of donations for drop off:
- Unopened and unexpired dry pet food, and unexpired canned pet food
- Opened unexpired dry pet food - to pass along to our wildlife rescue partners
- Towels - just bath and hand towels, no wash clothes
- Pet carriers and crates - clean and in good condition
- New pet beds, bowls, collars, leashes, and toys
Please do not leave any other items outside our doors; it is thrown away, and due to the ongoing pandemic we'd like to avoid our staff handling excess items.
Items we cannot accept nor use:
- Bedding, including: sheets, comforters, pillows, cushions
- Heavily used, dirty, or ripped/torn items
- Used litter boxes
- Prescription medications
Other ways to donate:
- View our Amazon Wish List to send us items we need!
- If you shop on Amazon, you have the option of designating the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter as your charity of choice via Amazon Smile, which generates even more donations to help our shelter pets!
- Visit the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter webpage, whose work helps support the shelter and provides the financial means for lifesaving care in numerous ways.
Kids Can Help!
Check out the below ideas for ways kids can help our shelter pets. PLEASE save these items at home, until the Shelter is able to accept donations again.