Update on donation items accepted: we are able to accept some items as donations, for our shelter pets to enjoy or for use around the shelter or in foster homes. Thank you for thinking of us!
If something is not on the below list, please do not leave it at the shelter; we simply don't have any more storage space or we won't be able to use it, and we'd like to avoid throwing items in the dumpster.
Below are the only items we are able to accept:
- Unopened, unexpired cat and dog food (dry and canned)
- Clean towels
- New pet toys, beds, other items (for any species)
- View our Amazon Wish List to send us new items we need for use in the Shelter or our foster program. (If you shop on Amazon, you have the option of designating the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter as your charity of choice via Amazon Smile, which generates even more donations to help our shelter pets!)
- Monetary donations are always very much appreciated and should be directed to the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter.
Items we cannot accept nor use at any time:
- Bedding, including: sheets, comforters, pillows, cushions
- Heavily used, dirty, or ripped/torn items
- Used litter boxes
- Dog diapers
- Homemade dog or cat treats
- Prescription medications
- Dog toys made from braided t-shirts
- Anything not on the above list of accepted items