We appreciate donations from the community, and so do our shelter pets! Whether it's a new comfortable bed for a cat, or a puzzle toy for a dog, or the always-needed paper towels for general shelter use, donations help the shelter immensely. Donations from our 'wish list' go directly to support shelter animals, both at the shelter and in our foster program. Items that we receive but cannot use here at the shelter go to our wildlife rescue partners or rescue partners.
How to donate:
- Bring donations to the shelter during open business hours, which are Tuesday-Friday 12-7pm, and Saturdays and Sundays 10am-5pm. (Please do not leave donations outside the shelter.)
- View our Amazon Wish List!
- Visit the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter webpage, whose work helps support the shelter and provide the financial means for lifesaving care in numerous ways.
Items the shelter can always use:
- paper towels
- new Nylabone and Kong toys for dogs
- new cat toys
- cardboard cat scratchers
- puzzle toys for cats and dogs
- small animal supplies
- towels and fleece blankets
- comfy pet beds of all sizes
- gift cards to almost anywhere (Target, pet stores, Walmart, etc)
- timothy hay
We do not accept the following items:
- any type of prescription pet medications
- fitted or flat sheets
- pillows or pillowcases
- comforters or large bedspreads
- couch or other cushions