Looking to donate some items to help Shelter pets, or for inspiration on what to include on your supply drive list? Read on to see what items we can accept, and what we can't!
Items we are able to accept:
- New pet toys and beds
- New collars, harnesses, leashes (please no extendable leashes)
- Anything from our Amazon Wish List!
- New or gently used fleece blankets of any size
- New or gently used bath and hand towels
- Unopened, unexpired pet food
- Monetary donations are always very much appreciated and can be directed to the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter.
Items we will not accept:
- Bedding, including: sheets, comforters, pillows, cushions
- Heavily used, dirty, or ripped/torn items
- Used litter boxes
- Dog diapers
- Homemade dog or cat treats
- Prescription medications
- Dog toys made from braided t-shirts
- Anything not on the above list of accepted items will be thrown away; please do not leave unaccepted items at the Shelter.
Thank you for supporting our Shelter pets!