Update on donation items accepted, as of September 3!
We are now accepting a very limited number of items as donations. If it's not on the below list, please do not leave it at the shelter; we simply don't have any more storage space, or we cannot use the donated items, and we're having to throw things in the dumpster which we'd like to avoid!
Below are the only items we are currently able to accept:
- Unopened, unexpired cat and dog food (dry and canned)
- Clean towels
- View our Amazon Wish List to send us new items we need for use in the Shelter or our foster program!
- If you shop on Amazon, you have the option of designating the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter as your charity of choice via Amazon Smile, which generates even more donations to help our shelter pets!
- Monetary donations are always very much appreciated and should be directed to the Friends of the Fairfax County Animal Shelter.
Items we cannot accept nor use at any time:
- Bedding, including: sheets, comforters, pillows, cushions
- Heavily used, dirty, or ripped/torn items
- Used litter boxes
- Homemade dog or cat treats
- Prescription medications
- Dog toys made from braided t-shirts
- Anything not on the above list of accepted items