The mission of the crossing guard is to create the safest environment possible for school children and other residents as they walk, or bike, to and from school.
- Control traffic to ensure safety of students to and from school
- Monitor operations of flashing lights during opening and closing times and report malfunctions
- Report hazardous traffic conditions at student crossings
- $14.56 - $18.24/hour
- Uniforms and training are provided
- Annual and sick leave are earned and accrued according to hours worked
- Health plan enrollment optional if employee has more than two crossings
- High school graduate or possess state-issued G.E.D.
- Knowledge of traffic regulations
- Ability and willingness to work in inclement weather
- Ability to work with children
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Courteous to children and families
Applicants must begin the application process here.
Fairfax County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EEO/AA/TTY.
For more information contact:
- Personnel Resources Division- 703-246-7560