For Immediate Release
January 15, 2019
Beginning Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019, Fairfax Connector will provide free rides system-wide for federal government employees affected by the government shutdown who are still required to report for work.
- You must show your federal photo ID to the bus operator when boarding to ride free.
- By showing your federal photo ID, trips taken on all Fairfax Connector bus routes are free, including express routes to and from the Pentagon and Downtown D.C.
For bus schedules and route information, estimated arrival times, and more:
- Sign-up for email and/or text alerts for your routes through Fairfax Connector BusTracker. **Watch a :30 video on how to use Fairfax Connector BusTracker here.**
- View schedules and service information at www.fairfaxconnector.com.
- Call Fairfax Connector customer service at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608; Mon - Fri 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sat - Sun 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Se habla Español.
- Follow Fairfax Connector on Twitter and Facebook.
For more Fairfax County resources for those impacted by the federal government shutdown, visit https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news2/resources-for-county-residents-impacted-by-federal-shutdown/.