FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 5, 2019
Celebrate Fairfax!, Northern Virginia’s largest community celebration, will take place this weekend, June 7-9, 2019, at the Fairfax County Government Center. Fairfax Connector will operate regular trips and free shuttle service to and from Celebrate Fairfax from Fair Lakes, Fair Oaks Mall and the Vienna Metrorail Station. Come visit the Transportation Station where you'll find Fairfax Connector and other regional transportation organizations all under one tent! Learn about transit, transportation projects, bicycle and pedestrian information including sidewalks, bike lanes and trails and while you are there, get your picture taken at our fun Photo Booth!
Fair Lakes Shuttles
- Board buses at parking lot on the north side of Fair Lakes Circle, west of Roger Stover Drive (across from Dick’s Sporting Goods).
- Shuttles will operate about every 5-10 minutes to and from Fair Lakes, beginning Friday, June 7 at 4 p.m., Saturday, June 8 at 8:30 a.m., and Sunday, June 9 at 9:30 a.m., until 30 minutes after event closing.
- Parking is free.
Fair Oaks Mall Shuttles
- Board buses across from the Elevation Burger mall entrance or across from the Cheesecake Factory mall entrance
- Shuttles will operate about every 5-10 minutes to and from Fair Oaks Mall, beginning Friday, June 7 at 4 p.m., Saturday, June 8 at 8:30 a.m., and Sunday, June 9 at 9:30 a.m., until 30 minutes after event closing.
- Parking is free.
Vienna and Dunn Loring Regular Service and Metrorail Station Shuttles
- Friday Transit Options
- Fairfax Connector Route 621 offers regular service to/from the Government Center on Fridays. The last bus to the Vienna Metrorail station departs Post Forest Drive (across from Red Gate) at 10:26 p.m. on Friday. Regular bus fares and parking fees apply.
- Metrobus will also have regular weekday service on the 1C from Dunn Loring Metrorail Station to the Government Center. The last bus to Dunn Loring departs at 11:25 p.m. on Friday. Regular bus fares and parking fees apply.
- Free Shuttle Service Saturday and Sunday
- Take the free shuttle bus, provided by Fairfax Connector, from the Vienna Metrorail Station to the festival. Shuttles operate every 30 minutes beginning Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 a.m.; Sunday, 8:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Regular parking fees apply.
For More Information