For Immediate Release
August 18, 2022
To continue to improve transit service in Fairfax County, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors recently approved service and fare changes on Fairfax Connector that will go into effect on October 1, 2022. Members of the public provided input on these proposed service changes in the Spring of 2022 at virtual community meetings and through an online survey.
Service Changes on Fairfax Connector – Effective Oct. 1, 2022
The following service changes will go into effect on October 1, 2022:
Route 334 - Newington Circulator
Service on this route was streamlined to weekday rush hour service and one mid-day trip.
Routes 350, 351, 352, and 353: TAGS: Springfield Business Circulator
To improve efficiency on existing Routes 350 and 351, which link the Franconia Metrorail Station to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Springfield Town Center, Route 350 is split, adding two routes - Route 352 and 353 - and the combined routes will maintain the existing Route 350 level of service. Locations served by the Springfield Business Circulator include: the Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station and Virginia Railway Express (VRE) Station; Metro Park; Springfield Town Center; Hilton Springfield; Transportation Security Administration (TSA); and NVCC Medical Education Campus.
- Route 350 - Springfield Business Circulator - Weekday Service Only
- Route 351 - Springfield Business Circulator - Weekday Rush Hour Service Only
- Route 352 (new route) - Springfield Business Circulator - Weekday Midday Service Only
- Route 353 (new route) - Springfield Business Circulator - Weekday Service Only
Route 495 - Burke Center - Tysons
Service was reduced on this route to rush hour and a mid-day trip and shortens the route on the north end between Tysons and Tysons West*Park. Service between Tysons Corners and Tysons West*Park will still be provided by Routes 423, 424, and 494.
Route 722 - Chain Bridge Road - McLean - Langley
This change improves operation of Route 722 with a minor schedule adjustment.
Transfers to/from WMATA Metrorail to/from Fairfax Connector buses
This fare change will make the temporary transfer discounts from WMATA Metrorail to and from Fairfax Connector buses permanent.
Fare Reduction on Route 599: Pentagon - Crystal City Express
The fare on Route 599 is reduced from $7.50 to $4.25. The fare reduction is made possible by a grant from the Northern Virginia Transportation Commission (NVTC).
Stay Connected and Informed
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com for schedule and service information.
- Sign-up for text and email alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/connector/bustracker.
- Call customer service at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608, or e-mail the team at email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @ffxconnector or like us on Facebook/fairfaxconnector.