Public Assistance and Employment Services

CONTACT INFORMATION: Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Multiple Locations - Main Office: 12011 Government Center Parkway, Pennino Building
Fairfax, VA 22035
Lisa Tatum

Public Assistance and Employment Services (PAES)

Normal Medicaid Enrollment Resumes: Virginia will begin reviewing members’ health coverage in March to make sure they still qualify. Look for official mail, email or texts to renew your health coverage. Beware of scammers: You should never be asked for credit or debit card information, or payment of any kind, to renew your Medicaid enrollment.

collage four photos of adults and children - grocery shopping, using computers, working together, doctor's appointment

Apply online any time, any day at CommonHelp.

Apply by phone for Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, and more. Call the Enterprise Call Center at 1-833-5CALLVA.

Get an application mailed to you. Call 703-324-7500.

Download an application for Medicaid (English, Spanish)

Download an application for SNAP, TANF, General Relief and more (English, Spanish).

Provide Your Documents

  • Drop off your documents any time, any day at a secure drop box location.
  • Email your documents any time, any day, to
  • Fax your documents to 703-653-6679 any time, any day. 
  • Mail your documents to:
    12011 Government Center Parkway
    Suite 232, Pennino Building
    Fairfax, VA 22035

Learn from videos: 

Send an email.

Call our Customer Call Center at 703-324-7500, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – food assistance)

  • P-EBT is for children enrolled in the free or reduced price meal program.
  • Use the EBT (SNAP) card at farmers markets.
  • Virginia SUN Bucks (Summer EBT) provides eligible children with a one-time $120 food benefit to purchase groceries on a SUN Bucks card or current SNAP EBT card. Many families will receive the benefit automatically beginning in August, while some families will need to apply starting July 1, 2024. Learn more about eligibility and the application.

Medicaid (health insurance)

TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families – financial assistance)

Child Care Assistance

Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (CCC+)

  • a Virginia Medicaid Waiver (for children who are medically fragile or who have complex medical needs, or with severe autism)

Resources for Kinship caregivers (those raising relative’s children)

Energy Assistance (heating and cooling)

  • Senior Cool Care for Ages 60+ (air conditioning units/electric fan distribution program)

Employment Services

  • Job seekers and employers in Northern Virginia have access to a comprehensive system of employment and training services and resources. Learn about employment and training or call 703-533-5400.

Call our Customer Call Center at 703-324-7500, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

If you are eligible to receive Medicaid, SNAP (food stamps), or federally-subsidized housing and you choose to participate, it will not affect immigration applications for Lawful Permanent Resident (green card) status. Eligibility criteria has not changed. Learn more information about immigration in Fairfax County.

We all face challenging times and sometimes it’s hard to get on the right path to our success story. Public Assistance and Employment Services (PAES) is here to help. Learn how to apply for food, medical, financial, and energy assistance programs and how to access our wide range of employment services for people of all ages and life circumstances. 

When you don’t know where to start, PAES will work with you each step of the way.

Fairfax Virtual Assistant