Effective January 1, 2023, adult TANF recipients will have 90 days to enroll in VIEW or provide exemption documentation to keep their TANF benefits. DON’T WAIT! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started today!
The Virginia Initiative for Education and Work (VIEW) offers parents receiving TANF assistance and resources to find and keep a job. VIEW case managers focus on each family's individual situation and works with participants to support their employment goals that can lead to financial independence. VIEW focuses on participants' strengths and provides services to help them overcome job-related challenges, as well as personal, medical, and family challenges that affect employment.
The Fairfax VIEW Job Center provides employment services. Make an appointment for in-person & virtual services.
The Fairfax County Department of Family Services (DFS) administers benefits under the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, which provides temporary cash assistance to families with low incomes who have children. Parents who receive this assistance and are able to work, are required to participate in the VIEW program.
VIEW employment and training services:
- Job search assistance and job readiness training
- Volunteer experience to gain work skills
- GED preparation or high school diploma assistance
- English for speakers of other languages
- Job skills training and credentialing
- Opportunities for supported employment through employer incentive programs
VIEW support services:
- Childcare is available when needed, while parents are employed or participating in activities.
- Transportation assistance is available by request throughout VIEW participation.
- Medical and dental Services that support a participant’s ability to work and are not covered by Medicaid may be available. These services are limited.
- Screening, evaluation, and supports for mental health and learning needs are available.
- Emergency Interventions to support immediate needs that may impact employment.
Transitional Services available for up to one year after TANF closes for eligible participants:
- Monthly transportation assistance.
- Childcare assistance.
- Continued employment and training services.
Some parents are not required to participate in VIEW. Reasons for exemption may include having a child under 12 months (exceptions may apply); providing full-time care for a family member with a health condition; or having a health condition that makes the parent unable to work. Documentation of exemption is required. Contact email@example.com for more information.