We are still working on building our lost and found pet report form into the new website! In the meantime, please email the shelter at DASLostPetReports@fairfaxcounty.gov with the following information:
- Your full name.
- Your address.
- Your phone number.
- Your email address.
- Type of report (lost pet, or found pet).
- The address that the pet was either lost or found at.
- The type of animal (dog, cat, rabbit, ferret, reptile, etc).
- A current photo of the animal.
- A description of the animal. Please be as descriptive as possible, and include gender (including whether spayed or neutered), appearance, general age, weight estimate, color, and markings.
If you have lost a pet, one of the first things you should do is file a lost pet report with us. Our staff diligently checks every stray animal who arrives to the shelter, and every found pet report, against the lost pet reports filed online. The more complete and detailed you can be, the better!
If you've found a stray pet and are planning on holding on to that pet yourself until an owner can be found, it is imperative to file a found pet report so that shelter staff can try to match the pet up with a lost report, to reunite them with their family.