For Immediate Release
Jan. 7, 2020
With the early dismissal of Federal employees in Washington D.C. at 1 p.m. because of the forecast for snow in the region, Fairfax Connector customers who ride Express Route 699 from Washington D.C. to the Fairfax County Government Center Park and Ride and Route 698 from the Pentagon to the Vienna Metrorail Station, should take the Metrorail Orange line to Vienna.
From the Vienna Metrorail station, customers who ride Route 699 and need to get back to the Fairfax County Government Center Park and Ride can take Fairfax Connector direct routes 621 and 623. Additionally riders can take Route 630 from Vienna Metrorail station to Fair Oaks Mall and transfer to Route 605 to complete the trip to the Government Center.
Stay Informed of Fairfax Connector Operating Status During Inclement Weather
Fairfax Connector officials would like to remind passengers that during inclement weather service may be reduced, modified or suspended due to poor travel conditions. If road conditions become unsafe, icy or snow packed, service may be suspended on a route-by-route basis, or system-wide. Officials appreciate passengers’ patience and cooperation during weather events and encourage everyone to be prepared. Here are three things to know to stay informed and prepared for travel during inclement weather:
1. SYSTEM-WIDE OPERATING STATUS
To stay informed of any changes to Fairfax Connector system-wide operating status:
- Sign-up for email and/or text alerts for your routes through Fairfax Connector BusTracker. **Watch a :30 video on how to use Fairfax Connector BusTracker here.**
- Call Fairfax Connector customer service at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608; Mon - Fri 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sat - Sun 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Se habla Español.
- Follow Fairfax Connector on Twitter and Facebook.
- Monitor local news outlets and www.fairfaxconnector.com.
2. ROUTE-SPECIFIC SERVICE CHANGES AND DETOURS
For information on route-specific service changes and detours before, during, and after a winter weather event:
- Before you head out to your bus stop, check the status and any possible detours for your route on BusTracker or make sure you are signed-up for email and/or text alerts for your routes.
- You can also call Fairfax Connector customer service at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608; Mon - Fri 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sat - Sun 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Se habla Español.
3. BusTracker REAL-TIME ESTIMATED ARRIVAL INFORMATION
Riders are reminded that during inclement weather, route-by-route estimated arrival information in BusTracker may not be accurate:
- If your route is on detour, the information presented in BusTracker will not reflect real-time estimated arrival information but rather the schedule information.
- While on detour, a bus will not show up in the BusTracker location map view.
Monitor Road Conditions
Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is also asking drivers to monitor weather reports for the latest updates. Stay informed of current road conditions and VDOT’s efforts:
- Visit virginiadot.org/novaemergency for the latest updates and resources during winter events.
- Follow @VaDOTNOVA on Twitter
- Check 511virginia.org or the mobile app for road conditions and closures.