For Immediate Release
January 20, 2023
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) announces Fairfax Connector service changes that will go into effect on February 4, 2023, including a new route that provides weekday, rush-hour service in the I-66 Express Lanes. Beginning Monday, Feb. 6, new Route 660 replaces Route 644 and offers service from the Stone Road Park and Ride in Centreville to the Tysons Corner Metrorail Station, with stops at the Fairfax County Government Center and the Vienna Metrorail Station. The service changes also include minor service adjustments on Routes 937 and 951.
Service Changes that Go into Effect February 4, 2023
- Route 644: This route will be eliminated and replaced with new Route 660.
- Route 660: Centreville (Stone Road) Park & Ride - Tysons - This route will provide service between Centreville's Stone Road Park & Ride and Tysons Corner Metrorail Station, via the Fairfax County Government Center and Vienna Metrorail Station and will operate bi-directionally every 10-minutes during morning and evening rush hour.
- Route 937: Coppermine-Elden-Herndon Metrorail Station - Southbound service on Route 937 will be realigned to serve Coppermine Rd, with a left turn to Frying Pan Rd. Northbound Route 937 remains unchanged.
- Route 951: Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station to Innovation Center Metrorail Station- Eastbound service realigned to serve Coppermine Rd, with left turn to Frying Pan Rd. Westbound remains unchanged.
Stay Connected with Fairfax Connector
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608 (Mon.-Fri., 5 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sat.-Sun., 7 a.m.- 9 p.m.)
- Email us at Fairfaxconnector@fairfaxcounty.gov
- To receive notifications for your bus route, sign up for BusTracker email or text alerts
- Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
- Visit a Connector Transit Store