For Immediate Release
Dec. 30, 2020
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) continually evaluates bus service on Fairfax Connector to ensure responsiveness to the needs of the public. A key component of creating a bus system that works for everyone is specific feedback FCDOT receives from county residents. Community input informs service improvement recommendations developed by planning staff and leads to better decision-making for providing better access to destinations, improving travel times, increasing schedule reliability, and increasing overall service.
FCDOT is beginning outreach on the ten-year Transit Strategic Plan (TSP) and we want to hear from Fairfax County residents at three upcoming, online community input meetings and through an online survey. The TSP is a county-wide review of bus service and a plan for future service. FCDOT encourages residents to engage and share their ideas and concerns for the future of the Fairfax Connector bus system.
The TSP incorporates outreach results from short-term, sub-area studies that are being conducted in:
- Centreville-Chantilly-Vienna-Tysons (CCVT); and
- Huntington (part of the Richmond Highway BRT project)
To enhance outreach to all communities in Fairfax County, FCDOT has produced a direct mail brochure translated into Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Amharic, Farsi, Urdu, and Tagolog that will be mailed to every resident in Fairfax County in January 2021 directing people to the online survey.
Upcoming Online Community Input Meetings via WebEx*
*First-time WebEx users should review the Virtual Meeting Instructions.
|Public Meeting #1 - Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021, 7-9 p.m.||To join by phone dial 1-844-621-3956 and enter access number: 179 943 5257||Meeting Link|
|Public Meeting #2 - Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021, 7-9 p.m.||To join by phone dial 1-844-621-3956 and enter access number: 179 476 2750||Meeting Link|
|Public Meeting #3 - Thursday, Jan. 14, 2021, 12-1:30 p.m.||To join by phone dial 1-844-621-3956 and enter access number: 179 121 9785||Meeting Link|
Public comments will be accepted until February 19, 2021.
- Take the TSP Online Survey
- Mail your written comments: TSP c/o FCDOT Planning, 4050 Legato Road #400 Fairfax, VA 22033-2895
- E-mail email@example.com
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608
Stay Informed and Engaged with Fairfax Connector
- To receive notifications for your bus route, sign up for BusTracker email or text alerts
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608 (Mon.-Fri., 5 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sat.-Sun., 7 a.m.- 9 p.m.)
- Email us at Fairfaxconnector@fairfaxcounty.gov
- Follow Fairfax Connector on Twitter or Facebook