FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 16, 2018
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) is requesting public feedback on proposed Fairfax Connector service changes to existing routes 161/162, 321/322 and 699, and on the establishment of new routes 308 and 467. The proposed changes aim to increase ridership and to enhance customer experience through improved connectivity, on-time performance and service reliability. FCDOT will host two outreach events on the proposed changes with the same information presented at both meetings:
- Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2018, from 6:00-8:00
Key Middle School, 6402 Franconia Rd, Springfield
Transit Connection: Fairfax Connector Route 310
- Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2018 from 6:00-8:00
Fairfax County Government Center,12000 Government Center Pkwy, Fairfax
Transit Connection: Fairfax Connector Route 605, Routes 621/623, and Metrobus 1C
The meetings will include a presentation at 7:00 p.m. on the proposed changes. Fairfax Connector representatives will be on hand to answer questions and take feedback from attendees.
Route 308 (new service) – Richmond Highway
- Provides weekday and Saturday service between Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station and Mount Vernon Hospital via Jeff Todd Way and Richmond Highway.
Route 467 (new service) - Vienna–Tysons – (This proposal has been through a public input process earlier in 2018. However, additional comments are welcomed)
- Provides complementary, mid-day and evening service to Route 462. This route provides mid-day, late evening and Saturday service from the Vienna Park neighborhood to the Mosaic District, the Town of Vienna, and Tysons.
Route 161/162 – Hybla Valley Circulator
- Adjusts time between Routes 161/162 to address on-time performance issues. Eliminates one late-night trip on Route 161.
Route 321/322 - Greater Springfield Circulator
- Adjusts rush-hour service frequency to every 30 minutes and implement a minor re-route of service off Indian Run Parkway to Bren Mar Drive.
Route 699 – Government Center – Downtown D.C.
- Adds one(1) morning and one(1) afternoon trip to address increased demand for service and address capacity issues.
Public Feedback is Welcomed
Rider feedback is welcomed on the proposed changes until 5 p.m. on Friday, January 4, 2019. To comment on the proposed route changes:
- Fill out a comment form at the public meeting on November 27 and 28, 2018.
- Fill out a survey at www.fairfaxconnector.com
- Email comments to email@example.com.
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608.
Connect with Fairfax Connector!
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com
- Sign-up for alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/connector/bustracker
- Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608
- Visit a Connector Transit Store