History Commission Confederate Names Report
On June 23, 2020, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, requested the History Commission prepare a report listing a full inventory of Confederate street names, monuments and public places in Fairfax County and on Fairfax County-owned property.
Confederate Names Task Force
On July 13, 2021, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors established the Confederate Names Task Force to examine renaming Lee Highway and Lee Jackson Memorial Highway.
Are you interested in changing your street or subdivision name?
The History Commission report lists 157 locations within the county with Confederate associated names. The report included street and subdivisions names.
Get the Latest!
- New Task Force To Examine Renaming Lee Highway and Lee Jackson Memorial Highway
- Fairfax County School Board Votes to Change Mosby Woods to Mosaic Elementary School
- Board Votes to Remove Three Publicly Owned Civil War Monuments
- Middle School Renamed after Katherine Johnson
- School Board Renames Robert E. Lee High School for Late Congressman John Lewis
- School Board voted Oct. 26, 2017 to rename J.E.B. Stuart to Justice High School