For Immediate Release
May 22, 2020
Highlights of the Proposed Changes
Route 334: DLA Circulator (Peak and Off-Peak) – Directly serves the TSA facility via Springfield Center Drive and Metropolitan Center Drive with weekday service between the Franconia Springfield Metrorail Station, the Defense Logistics Agency, and Army Museum on John Kingman Drive. Buses will serve the TSA facility on both northbound and southbound trips every 30 minutes during peak service and hourly during off-peak.
Routes 340/341: Patriot Ridge-Saratoga – Includes minor route adjustments to maintain efficiency for Routes 340/341:
Route 350: Springfield Circulator – Replaces weekday service after Metrobus route elimination of the TAGS S80. Route 350 will operate with 15-minute headways during peak hours, 10-minutes headways during lunch hours, and 20-minute headways during off-peak hours.
Route 351: Springfield Peak-Hour Circulator – Replaces peak weekday service after Metrobus route elimination of TAGS S91. The Springfield Peak-Hour Circulator will provide weekday express every 10 minutes during morning and afternoon peak hours between the Franconia Metrorail Station and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Route 721: Chain Bridge Road – McLean Metrorail Station – Includes expanded weekday midday service every 30-minutes from the McLean Metrorail Station to the George Bush Center for Intelligence (GBCI) facility in Langley, Virginia. The buses will operate with 30-minute headways.
Route 722: McLean Metrorail Station – GBCI – Includes new weekday express service every 15 minutes during morning and afternoon peak hours between the McLean Metrorail Station and the GBCI facility in Langley, Va.
Public comments will be accepted until Friday, June 5, 2020. After receiving and reviewing public feedback, FCDOT staff will present the final proposed changes to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors in July, 2020. If approved, the changes will go into effect no later than October 31, 2020.
- Take the online survey
- Mail your written comments to: September 2020 Service Change c/o FCDOT Marketing Communications 4050 Legato Road #400 Fairfax, VA 22033-2895
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608
Stay Connected with Fairfax Connector
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608 (Mon.-Fri., 5 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sat.-Sun., 7 a.m.- 9 p.m.)
- Email us at Fairfaxconnector@fairfaxcounty.gov
- To receive notifications for your bus route, sign up for BusTracker email or text alerts
- Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
- Visit a Connector Transit Store