Concealed handgun permits are regulated by the Commonwealth of Virginia and issued by the Circuit Court in each jurisdiction. Those authorized by the court must have a valid permit and photo ID in their possession while carrying a concealed handgun.
- Conducted by the Concealed Weapons Unit of the Fairfax County Police Department
- Includes, but not limited to
- Computer checks (VA DMV and National Crime Information Center and others)
- Research archives (Court documents)
- Investigative reports (Previous contact with police)
- Correspondence to and from other jurisdictions (Previous contact with police)