Join Fairfax County and Dominion Energy for the launch of passenger service on Relay, the first publicly funded autonomous electric shuttle pilot and test of driverless technology in public transportation in the Commonwealth of Virginia. This pilot is a public-private partnership between Fairfax County, Dominion Energy, EDENS (Mosaic District developer), Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (VDRPT), Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI), and George Mason University (GMU).
- Jeffrey C. McKay, Chairman, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
- Mark Webb, Chief Innovation Officer, Dominion Energy
- Cathy McGhee, Director of Transportation Research and Innovation, Office of Virginia Secretary of Transportation
- Bill Caldwell, Managing Director, EDENS
- Gerald E. Connolly, Congressman, 11th District, United States House of Representatives
When: Thursday, Oct. 22, 2020, 10 a.m.
Where: Strawberry Park, Mosaic District, 2905 District Avenue, Fairfax, VA 22031
- COVID-19 public health safety guidelines: Wearing face covering is mandatory and social distancing will be observed. Please avoid gathering in groups and follow direction of event staff and media contacts listed below.
- At the conclusion of the celebration, Relay will take dignitaries and its first public riders on board to travel along the route from the Mosaic District (stop in front of Barnes and Noble) to the Dunn Loring Metrorail Station, and then back to Mosaic District.
Media Contacts Before the Event and On-site:
- Fairfax County Department of Transportation: Robin Geiger - 703-826-6457
- Dominion Energy: Peggy Fox - 703-463-8946