For Immediate Release
September 6, 2019
Six Fairfax Connector routes have proposed changes, including: Routes 306, 395, 640, 650, and 950 and Route 396 (new express service). The proposed changes will adjust running times that will improve on time performance and providing customers with more dependable service.
Public comments will be accepted until Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2019 at 5 p.m. After receiving and reviewing public feedback, FCDOT staff will present the final proposed changes to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors in the fall of 2019. If approved, the changes will go into effect January 2020.
- NEW SERVICE – Route 396 – Backlick North Park-and-Ride to the Pentagon – This is new service that provides express bus service in the I-95/395 corridor (replaces service previously provided by Route 395). The service will provide a shorter trip for riders by eliminating the stop at Gambrill Park and Ride. Route 396 service will feature 12 inbound morning and 13 outbound afternoon trips. Subject to funding through the NVTC Commuter Choice Grant Program.
- Route 306 – GMU- Pentagon – Adjustments will be made to the running time to improve on time performance that will ensure that buses arrive at scheduled times.
- Route 395 – Gambrill – Pentagon Express – This route will no longer serve the Backlick North Park and Ride, but service to this lot will be provided by new express Route 396.
- Route 640 – Stone Road – Westfields Boulevard – This adjustment will eliminate the 4:30 PM westbound trip leaving the Vienna Metrorail station and the corresponding eastbound return trip from Stone Road Park and Ride to the Vienna Metrorail station. The affected area is served by Routes 632 and 642. The revised route will improve on time performance and dependability.
- Route 650 – Chantilly – This adjustment will eliminate service to Sullyfield Circle. Route 651 will continue to provide service to Sullyfield Circle during morning and afternoon rush hour Riders traveling outside of rush hour can access service at Walney Road. This change will improve on time performance.
- Route 950 – Herndon – Reston – Adjust running time on Elden Street to improve on time performance during high traffic periods Saturday eastbound and westbound on time performance significantly deteriorates between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM.
We Want to Hear from You! Ways to Give Your Feedback
There are several ways you can comment on the proposed changes:
Can’t make an outreach event? Public comments and feedback will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Tuesday, October 1, 2019. There are four easy ways to provide comments:
Stay Connected with Fairfax Connector
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608 (Mon.-Fri., 5 a.m. - 10 p.m.; Sat.-Sun., 7 a.m.- 9 p.m.)
- Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
- Visit a Connector Transit Store: