The PIVOT Lodging Grant will support Fairfax County hotels and motels that have experienced economic distress due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Example Eligible Businesses
How to Apply:
Applications will open at 9:00AM on June 23 and will close at midnight on July 9, 2021.
Individual Grant Awards:
- Minimum of 10 rooms, to be funded at $400/room.
- All Fairfax County lodging establishments with a minimum of 10 guest rooms that have not participated in Fairfax County’s Emergency Shelter Program and apply to this program will receive a grant.
Business Operating Status:
- Must be open or temporarily closed, planning to reopen by August 31, 2021.
Approved Uses of Grant Funds:
- Grant funds can be used for: working capital, equipment, rent, debt payments, inventory, employee compensation, and other business critical operating expenses. Funding must be used to sustain or evolve the grant awardee business. No grant funds can be used to pay debts to close the business or start a new business. All grant awardees will be expected to enter into a grant agreement with Fairfax County and/or the program administrator. A condition of the grant will be that the grantee will in good faith maintain the business in Fairfax County through December 31, 2022. Potential grants will reimburse businesses for eligible costs incurred on or AFTER March 3, 2021.
Types of Ownership:
- Corporations, partnerships, and LLC’s: all are acceptable if business is operated out of a physical storefront.
- Sole Proprietors are eligible, subject to the following:
- Must meet minimum eligibility requirements for businesses.
- Must have physical storefront – lease or lease equivalent required.
- Did not receive unemployment benefits for more than six months during calendar year 2020.
- Demonstrate 51% annual income is derived from applicant business.
Required Documentation (subject to change prior to grant registration opening):
- Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- 2019 and 2020 year-end profit-and-loss statement, tax returns or similar statement of organizational financial standing.
- Current Fairfax County BPOL license.
- Businesses located in Fairfax County, including the Towns of Clifton, Herndon and Vienna.
- Must have less than 500 employees.
- Must have been revenue-generating prior to March 1, 2020.
- Businesses may have received other assistance including, but not limited to RISE, PPP, EIDL, REBUILD VA.
- Businesses are ineligible if they are located outside of Fairfax County, including if they are located in the City of Fairfax or the City of Falls Church, which are independent jurisdictions and not part of Fairfax County.
- Businesses are ineligible if they are permanently closed.
- Establishments with less than 10 rooms.
- Short-term rentals. (VRBO, Airbnb…)
- Hotels that have received funding from Fairfax County for the emergency shelter program.
For More Information:
For more information on the PIVOT Lodging Grant and how you can prepare to apply, please review:
Questions should be directed to email@example.com