Books & Reports
Disclaimer: Links to the following books and reports are for informational purposes only. The opinions, findings, and conclusions are those of the individual authors and not necessarily of the Fairfax County History Commission.
- "Beginning at a White Oak" by Beth Mitchell, 1977. Printed by McGregor and Werner, with accompanying Patents and Northern Neck Grants of Fairfax County, Virginia map. A higher resolution version of the Patents and Grants map is available here.
- "Colchester: Colonial Port on the Potomac" by Edith Moore Sprouse, March 1975. Published by the Fairfax County Office of Comprehensive Planning in cooperation with the Fairfax County History Commission.
- "Fairfax County, Virginia in 1760 : An Interpretive Historical Map" prepared by Beth Mitchell, Edited by Donald M. Sweig with an Explanatory Text, Appendices, and Source Lists by Beth Mitchell and Donald M. Sweig, 1987, Published by the Office of Comprehensive Planning, Fairfax County, Virginia, with accompanying map.
- "Legato School: A Centennial Souvenir" by Tony P. Wrenn, Virginia B. Peters, and Edith Moore Sprouse, Editors, et. al. (PDF 4.7MB) *Disclaimer: The reprint of the 1976 edition of Legato School: A Centennial Souvenir was supported by the Fairfax County History Commission.
- "People and Places of the Navy Community Fairfax County, Virginia 1887-1984" by Patricia Strat. Prepared for the Fairfax County History Commission, February 22. 2019.
- "Registration Of Free Negroes Commencing September Court 1822" edited and indexed by Donald Sweig, July 1977, Office of Comprehensive Planning, County of Fairfax.