Our Vision is to be known for providing superior internal audit services and to continually challenge ourselves to provide them in a value added, best practices manner.
The mission of the Internal Audit Office is to provide independent and objective assurance and management advisory services. We seek to proactively identify risks, evaluate controls, and make recommendations that will strengthen County operations.
Internal Audit helps to improve County government performance and accountability by:
- Assessing the reliability of financial and operating information
- Evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of departments
- Testing the adequacy of controls for preventing waste and safeguarding assets
- Verifying compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations
- Advising and providing County employees with ways to increase internal control knowledge, awareness, and assessment capabilities