These online resources accessible with your library card will come in handy when you’re feeling handy! Find these and 90+ other databases in our A to Z Online Resources.
- Grants to Individuals Online: If you’re seeking financial support for maker projects that are more than just a hobby, use this database on grantmakers to find fellowships or grants available to you as a student, artist or researcher. This in-branch only database is accessible at our Grants and Research Training Center (GRTC) locations: Reston, Sherwood and Tysons-Pimmit Regional Libraries.
- Home Improvement Reference Center: If you tackle any home projects, this resource is for you. Access articles, videos, books and more on home maintenance, plumbing, remodeling, outdoor projects and other repairs and improvements.
- Lynda.com for Libraries: Lynda.com may be well known for its technology related courses, but it is also great for those trying to improve their creative skills in photography, video production or music. You can even learn how to make your own instruments using 3D modeling software.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center: This is one for those who tinker with engines other than their car’s. You’ll find information and Clymer repair manuals with images and illustrations on all kinds of small engines, from personal watercraft and ATVs to motorcycles.
- Universal Class: Look into the Crafts & Hobbies courses to learn more about aromatherapy, candlemaking, bread baking and so much more. The collection of How To / Do It Yourself courses also offers an interesting array of virtual learning options.