By Cuong Nguyen, Information Assistant, Kings Park Library
Get in the spooky spirit of the season with these horror fiction stories crafted by macabre minds from around the globe.
- Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist, Tr. Ebba Segerberg
- A body drained of all blood is discovered in Blackeberg, Sweden, coinciding with the arrival of a new neighbor.
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang, Tr. Deborah Smith
- Afflicted by dreams of animal violence, Yeong-hye abruptly stops eating meat.
- Mouthful of Birds by Samanta Schweblin, Tr. Megan McDowell
- The collection of strange, unsettling and creepy short stories reads like a David Lynch movie.
- The Graveyard Apartment by Mariko Koike, Tr. Deborah Boliver Boehm
- A young couple and their daughter move into an apartment where something lurks in the basement
- Frankenstein in Baghdad by Ahmed Saadawi, Tr. Jonathan Wright
- War-torn corpses are stitched together by Hadi for proper burial, until one such body comes to life.
- The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones
- Four Native Americans went hunting as kids. Years later, something hunts them.
- Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes
- Someone is leaving behind their victims' bodies fused with those of animals in abandoned buildings.