Delight the bibliophiles on your holiday shopping list with these sure-to-satisfy recommended titles.
By Rachel Lamantia, Assistant Branch Manager, Richard Byrd Library
Popular Picks to Please Any Reading Palate
Looking for that perfect book to gift to the avid reader in your circle of friends and family? Whether they favor mysteries, relish romance, obsess over thrillers, or embrace nonfiction, there’s an option to please their palate.
This list of suggested titles contains some of the blockbuster books from 2020 and 2021 — some of which had more than 600 holds in the FCPL catalog! Celebrate your shared love of reading by giving the gift of books.
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
- One of the most popular books of 2021, Four Winds takes place during the Great Depression and gives readers a taste of the American dream. Get this book for that historical fiction reader.
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- A wedding, an island and a murder. This exciting whodunit is an excellent choice for that mystery lover. It makes for a great audiobook, too. Selection by Reese’s Book Club in Summer 2020 garnered it a lot of attention.
- I Will Judge You by Your Bookshelf by Grant Snyder
- Book lovers will thoroughly enjoy this fun graphic novel. The brightly colored book illustrates what bibliophiles relish about their book collections.
- Leave Only Footprints: My Acadia to Zion Journey Through Every National Park by Connor Knighton
- This is the book for those who love the great outdoors and exploring America’s National Parks. Leave Only Footprints shares one man’s inspiring adventure story.
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- This heart-pounding psychological thriller will keep mystery enthusiasts enthralled as they seek to uncover what really happened the night Alice shot her husband — then never speaks a word again.
- The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren
- Christina Lauren is a romance fan favorite. The Soulmate Equation explores finding love through a DNA test in a heartwarming rom-com perfect for the holiday season.