Take the quiz created by FCPL Collection Services staff, then see how many points you earned and what your reader type is using the answer key at the bottom of this page!
1. What is your ideal getaway?
- Paris ... in the springtime, of course.
- An all-inclusive resort; I want to experience every option.
- A week in my favorite place; I should buy property there.
- A beach house with my besties.
- Weekend getaways and daytrips, baby!
2. What is your perfect dessert?
- Is it sugar based? Yeah, that one.
- Ice cream, but only one of my favorite flavors.
- Opera cake for me, thanks!
- Rice Krispies Treats™. Quick to make, easy to take.
- Why not get a few for the table (and lots of forks)?
3. What is your number one dog breed?
- Golden retriever: friendliness on four paws!
- A standard poodle: they are so intelligent.
- Wait, I have to choose?
- A low maintenance dog … Oh, right, a cat.
- I need to check with the AKC to get the right characteristics for my family.
4. What is your go-to beverage?
- Protein shake. It’s like a meal and a beverage combined!
- Lemonade. A classic choice for any gathering.
- Soda, but only if it’s my brand. Otherwise, water.
- Does not matter; whatever is available if I’m thirsty.
- Coffee or tea, depending on the time of day.
5. What is your favorite fun activity?
- Reading. A series. In order. Like you are supposed to.
- Reading, so long as I can multitask with an audiobook.
- Reading, with peace and quiet so I can really immerse myself.
- Reading, but only if I can do it with friends and family.
- Reading. I mean, are there other activities?
Less Than 7 Points:
Voracious / Avid
You will read anything with words. Yes, even the cereal box on the table. You probably have library cards from multiple area libraries to supplement your multiple bookstore accounts. It’s okay. Same. And it is not cheating … it is leveraging your available resources.
7 to 11 Points:
You may enjoy all types of books, but you are chill(ed) with horror, think mysteries are to die for, phone home for sci-fi, and swoon over the HEA (that’s “Happily Ever After” to those in the know) of a romance. There is comfort in knowing that the mystery will be solved, and the lovers will find their HEA — especially in uncertain times.
12 to 15 Points:
You prefer books that give you a reading hangover — when you’re still impacted and thinking about it the next day and beyond. These could be Literature, with a capital “L,” or classics within a genre. Historical or contemporary, you want to be moved, and there is nothing you like better than making an early discovery and sharing it with your friends.
16 to 21 Points:
You love to read, but there are so many pulls on your time. If a book does not capture your interest, who has time to spend on that? “Move on,” you say, “There are so many other books on the shelf.” Short story anthologies and novellas are your jam. You might be a recent convert or a long-term enthusiast of audiobooks, which allow you to multitask while working on home improvements or daily chores.
More Than 21 Points:
Whether it is reading with your bestie, with a small group, or with the massive community of celebrity clubs from Reese, Jenna, LeVar or Oprah, you enjoy a great book even more when it is shared with others. You may be the sharer or the sharee, but you know a fantastic book when you read it — even if it’s not necessarily to your personal taste. You like the challenge of reading outside your general comfort zone and know who to go to for recommendations.
1. A-3, B-1, C-2, D-5, E-4
2. A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4, E-5
3. A-5, B-3, C-1, D-4, E-2
4. A-4, B-5, C-2, D-1, E-3
5. A-2, B-4, C-3, D-5, E-1