On January 28, 2014, the Board approved Transportation Project Priorities (TPP) for funding for FY2015 through FY2020. It is envisioned that the TPP will be updated regularly, resulting in a rolling funding plan for county transportation projects. It will also be updated to reflect actions of the Commonwealth Transportation Board, the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority, and other funding agencies.
- The county conducted an extensive outreach process to determine transportation needs.
- Board of Supervisors approved $1.4 billion, largely from state and regional funds, over six years for transportation projects FY2015-2020.
- This money will fund about 220 projects, including new roads, sidewalks, transit and bike lanes.
- February 2012, Board of Supervisors considers Transportation and Capital Challenges and Opportunities
- Fall 2012 – January 28, 2014, Countywide Dialogue on Transportation public outreach effort
- January 28, 2014, Approval of Transportation Project Priorities for FY 2015 – FY 2020 (p421)
- June 17,2014, Authorization of a Fall 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum (p125) to potentially fund projects identified through the CDOT public outreach effort
- November 4, 2014, General election will include the Transportation Bond Referendum
Six Year Transportation Priorities Implementation Links
- List of Approved Projects
- Draft 6-Year Transportation Project Programmatic Timelines
- November 4, 2014 Transportation Bond Referendum includes projects approved for the Six Year Transportation Priorities