For Immediate Release
Jan. 22, 2021
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) will hold two virtual meetings next month to seek public input on planned transportation improvements at the Seven Corners interchange and nearby roads.
- The meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 3, 7 p.m., will be held in English
- The meeting on Thursday, Feb. 4, 7 p.m., will be held in Spanish
The goals of the project include enhancing bicycle, pedestrian and transit access and connectivity, while enhancing traffic flow. FCDOT has identified the following improvements and is seeking input to determine the order in which they will be implemented:
- Create a four-way intersection at Leesburg Pike and Wilson Boulevard/Sleepy Hollow Road with redesigned crossing.
- Build a new “ring” road that connects Route 7 (on the side with the bus transfer station) to the intersection of Wilson Boulevard and Roosevelt Boulevard crossing over Route 50 with overpasses.
- Widen Route 50 to six lanes from the Arlington/Fairfax County line, westward, close to South Street.
- Build new ramps that connect Route 50 to the new “ring” road on each side of the new four-way intersection of Route 7/Wilson Boulevard/Sleepy Hollow Road.
- Construct a new road that connects the Willston Multi-Cultural Center and Village Center to Route 7.
- Create better connected road network with redevelopment.
Residents and commuters who walk, bike, drive and take public transit in and around the Seven Corners area are encouraged to let FCDOT know how they commute through the intersection and which improvements will benefit their travels most. Comments will be accepted during the meetings and via an online survey that will be available after Feb. 3. Stakeholders may also submit feedback to the project team:
- Online via red feedback form link at the bottom of the project webpage
- In writing to: FCDOT, Attn: Seven Corners Study Feedback, 4050 Legato Road, Suite 400, Fairfax, VA 22033
- By phone: 703-877-5600; TTY 711
Meeting Registration Information
- Wednesday, Feb. 3 at 7 p.m. (English)
- Register with Webex
- Dial In: 1-844-621-3956; Access Code: 179 407 4302
- Thursday, Feb. 4 at 7 p.m. (Spanish)
- Register with Webex
- Dial In: 1-844-621-3956; Access code: 179 704 9194
- First time Webex user? See our Virtual Meeting Instructions