For Immediate Release
August 29, 2023
How do you envision the transportation network in Northern Virginia in 25 years? The planning process is already underway! The National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board (TPB) began the process of updating the region’s Long-Range Transportation Plan (LRTP), Visualize 2050, in February 2023.
To provide an opportunity to discuss local projects that are being considered, the Fairfax County Department of Transportation is hosting in-person and virtual public meetings to discuss Visualize 2050, the long-range transportation plan for the National Capital Region. The public is invited to give feedback on whether they:
- Support a project's inclusion in the plan.
- Do not support a project's inclusion in the plan.
- Propose changes to a project.
- Believe that a project that is not listed should be included.
Attend a Meeting to Learn More
In-Person Public Meeting
- Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
- Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Pkwy, Fairfax
- Conference Rooms 9/10
Virtual Public Meeting
- Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
- Join the meeting online.
- Join by phone: 571-429-5982 Access code: 358535088#
View the List of Projects and Provide Feedback on the TPB Online Survey
Before you participate in the survey, take a look at the list of Visualize 2045 projects that are active, funded and/or under construction and intended to be included into the fiscally constrained Visualize 2050 project list. Also see the list of Visualize 2045 projects that will be reexamined and reevaluated for inclusion into the fiscally constrained Visualize 2050 project list.