For Immediate Release
Sept. 26, 2023
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) will host a virtual meeting on expanding the Capital Bikeshare network around the Innovation Center Metro Station with five new stations in the Dranesville District and one station in the Hunter Mill District at a virtual meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2023, at 7 p.m. FCDOT staff will provide information on the bikeshare system, funding, proposed station locations and an update regarding electric bikes (e-bikes).
Proposed locations include:
- Innovation Metro South
- Carta Way and Sayward Boulevard
- Coppermine Road and River Birch Road
- Dulles Technology Drive and Sunrise Valley Drive
- Woodland Park Road and Cooperative Way
- McNair Farms Drive and Thomas Jefferson Drive (Hunter Mill District)
To join the meeting:
- Login via Microsoft Teams (Meeting ID: 289 978 204 56; Passcode: Q6g5bw)
- Dial In: 571-429-5982; Phone Conference ID: 169 521 454#
Comments will be accepted through Friday, Oct. 20. To submit feedback, please use the online feedback form at the bottom of Fairfax County Capital Bikeshare page, email email@example.com, or call 703-877-5600, TTY711.
The Capital Bikeshare system has 738 stations in the Metro DC area, with 69 located in Fairfax County. In addition to helping people commute, run errands, and ride to entertainment/leisure destinations, Capital Bikeshare also provides an important first mile/last mile connection to public transit options.
For more information, visit the Fairfax County Capital Bikeshare page.