For Immediate Release
October 4, 2022
A next step in refining the plan for Richmond Highway Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and in response to community ideas about better ways to reflect station location and community character, the Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) is revisiting station names for three of the nine BRT stations. An open house event will be held Wednesday, Oct. 12, from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m., at the Hybla Valley Community Center, 7950 Audubon Avenue in Alexandria. The open house will give attendees an opportunity to share ideas about what they think the station names should be. The three stations are:
- Station #2 (Cross streets: N Kings Hwy / S Kings Hwy; Currently named "Penn Daw")
- Station #5 (Cross streets: Boswell Ave / Fordson Rd; Currently named "Hybla Valley")
- Station #6 (Cross street: Sherwood Hall Ln; Currently named "Gum Springs")
Attend the Community Open House
- Wednesday, Oct. 12, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Drop in any time - there will not be a presentation
- Hybla Valley Community Center (7950 Audubon Avenue)
Provide Feedback on an Online Survey – Survey Open Oct. 12 - Nov. 4
On Oct.12, we invite you to participate in a survey to gather input and ideas about the station names. The survey link will be available on the Richmond Highway BRT website and the survey will be open through Nov. 4.
Stay Informed and Engaged with Richmond Highway BRT – The One
- Sign-up for email and/or text updates via Fairfax Alerts
- Follow hashtag #RichmondHwyBRT on Facebook and Twitter
- Contact the project team via email