Community Meeting Information
Supervisor John Foust and the Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) held a public information meeting on the Balls Hill Road and Old Dominion Drive Improvement Project on Thursday, June 28 to discuss the realignment of Balls Hill Road and Old Dominion Drive. Below find the presentation and documents from the meeting:
- Alternative A - T-Intersection
- Alternative B - Roundabout
- Alternative C - Addition of Dedicated Left Turn Lanes
- Alternative A.1-T-Intersection improved
- Evaluation Matrix
- Meeting Presentation
The proposed improvements will realign the Balls Hill Road and Old Dominion Drive intersection by removing the existing skewed intersection configuration and providing improved traffic signal operations.
- The project includes roadway reconstruction, drainage improvements, and the addition of bike and pedestrian facilities.
- The proposed project will include approximately 1.5 miles of new bike lanes and 2,750 feet of walkways.
FCDOT ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need this information in an alternate format, contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711. Requests for assistance must be received at least 7 business days in advance of an event.