Project News and Updates
Online Pardon Our Dust Meeting Held Thursday, Sept. 10 at 7 p.m.
Lee District Supervisor Rodney Lusk and the Fairfax County Department of Transportation hosted a Zoom webinar to provide an update on the upcoming construction of project #2G25-097-000, Jefferson Manor Phase IIIA – Albemarle Drive Improvements. This project will construct roadway, sidewalk and drainage improvements along Albemarle Drive and portions of Edgehill Drive within the Jefferson Manor neighborhood.
- Jefferson Manor Phase IIIA Pardon Our Dust Meeting Presentation - Sept. 10, 2020
A second citizens information meeting for the Jefferson Manor Phase IIIA Improvement project was held on Thursday, June 15, 2017, in the cafeteria of Mount Eagle Elementary School, 6116 North Kings Highway, Alexandria, Va., at 7 p.m. FCDOT staff presented the Pre-Final design for proposed improvements, and affected property owners and residents had the opportunity to ask questions and provide input related to the project.
- Jefferson Manor Phase IIIA (Albermarle Drive and Portions of Edgehill Drive) - June 15, 2017
- Jefferson Manor Phase IIIA Aerial Exhibit - June 12, 2017
- Update May 1, 2017: Phase IIIA Pre-Final Plans
- January and February 2016: Project team held individual meetings with property owners and tenants impacted by the Phase IIIA activities.
- June 10, 2015: Community information meeting was held.
Community members were able to submit comments until Friday, June 30, 2017. To contact the project team, please use the comment form on this page; submit comments in writing to FCDOT, 4050 Legato Road, Suite 400; Fairfax, VA 22033; or call 703-877-5600.
FCDOT ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need this information in an alternate format or would like to request reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711. Requests for assistance must be received at least 7 business days in advance of an event.
The Jefferson Manor community has worked cooperatively with the County over the past decades to develop and implement a master plan for improving the existing infrastructure in the Jefferson Manor neighborhood.
- A master plan was prepared in 1992, delineating phases for improvements. Several phases have been completed in past years, and there are other phases planned for the future, which are not yet funded.
- Please refer to the master plan exhibit that shows the areas that have been completed in previous phases, the scope of the current project now underway, and the location of future improvements not yet completed.
The current project, Jefferson Manor Phase IIIA, consists of infrastructure improvements along Albemarle Drive and a portion of Edgehill Drive in the Jefferson Manor neighborhood.
- New storm sewer inlets and pipes will be installed to tie into the existing drainage network on Edgehill Drive.
- Existing curb will be replaced with VDOT standard curb and gutter.
- Existing 4’ sidewalk will be replaced with a 5’ concrete sidewalk.
- Portions of private driveways, walkways and steps impacted by construction will be rebuilt.
- Existing non-standard structures in the right-of-way will be removed or rebuilt on private property, in coordination with private property owners.
- Impacts to trees and vegetation are expected.
- Design – Completed 2019
- Bid Advertisement – May 26, 2020
- Construction Awarded – July 27, 2020
- Construction – 2020-2021
Estimated Project Cost and Funding
- Engineering Design, Land Acquisition & Utility relocations: $1.1 million
- Construction: $1.5 million