Providing rapid response 24/7 for behavioral health related emergencies.
703-573-5679, TTY 711
Need help with a mental health or substance abuse emergency?
The Merrifield Crisis Response Center (MCRC) at CSB's Merrifield Center provides 24-hour comprehensive walk-in psychiatric emergency services to individuals of all ages who are experiencing a mental health or substance use crisis.
Our goal is to provide comprehensive evaluations and recommendations for treatment as needed. This may include voluntary and involuntary admissions to public and private psychiatric hospitals or crisis stabilization programs.
The Mobile Crisis Unit (MCU) provides rapid response in the community based on a triage of risk to individuals who are unwilling or unable to seek treatment or need outreach to be engaged in treatment. MCU works closely with our local public safety personnel.
The Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) assessment center works to divert individuals with misdemeanor charges to more appropriate treatment services in the community, reducing the number of individuals with mental illness in jails.
Services offered at MCRC
- Crisis intervention and risk assessment.
- Voluntary and involuntary admissions to psychiatric hospitals and short-term crisis stabilization services.
- Evaluations for psychiatric medication.
- Referrals to appropriate level of care.
- Connections to community resources.
- Recovery Specialists provide information and guidance on services and share their lived experience.
Services offered by the Mobile Crisis Unit
- On-scene evaluation, treatment and crisis intervention to engage individuals in services who are unwilling or unable to come to the Merrifield Center.
- Critical incident stress management response.
- Hostage/barricade response to assist police.