Tuesday, Nov. 9-Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021
The Northern Virginia Dementia Care Consortium has been educating caregivers since 1986. This year’s conference keynote speaker is Gary Chapman, PhD, author of "Keeping Love Alive as Memories Fade: The 5 Languages and the Alzheimer’s Journey."
Join us to become better prepared to provide care and support at home or in a facility, learn new ways to engage individuals with dementia, and visit with exhibitors who offer supportive services.
This conference is open to family caregivers, volunteers working with older adults, and professionals in aging and related services.
Virtual Sessions Daily
Day One – Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021
- Keeping Love Alive as Memories Fade 10:15-11:45 a.m.
- Get Moving with Chair Fitness 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
Day Two – Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2021
- Managing Challenging Behaviors in People with Dementia 10:15-11:45 a.m.
- A Mind for Music 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
Day Three – Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021
- Understanding Young-Onset Dementias 10:15-11:45 a.m.
- The Joy of Using LEGO: Serious Play in Caregiving 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
The conference sells out quickly; reserve your spot today.
Registration opens Wednesday, Sept. 15.
Need accommodations to participate? Call 703-270-0043.
Learn more about this conference, each day's sessions, speakers, and
registration online or call 703-270-0043.
The 35th Annual Caregivers Conference is provided by the Northern Virginia Dementia Care Consortium.
- AARP Virginia
- Arlington Aging and Disability Services
- Alzheimer’s Association
- City of Alexandria Area Agency on Aging
- Fairfax Area Agency on Aging
- Fairfax County Health Department
- Goodwin House Incorporated
- GraceFul Care, Inc.
- Inova Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Center
- Insight Memory Care Center
- Loudoun County Area Agency on Aging