There Are Several Ways to Renew Medicaid
When it’s time to renew your coverage, you will receive a renewal packet in the mail. You can renew your coverage in any of these ways:
- Talk to someone on the phone at the Cover Virginia Call Center: 1-855-242-8282. They can renew your benefits over the phone and provide help in many languages.
- Complete the paper renewal packet and mail it back.
- Visit CommonHelp.virginina.gov online and click “Renew benefits.” They even have a video that explains how to do it.
It’s very important that your contact information is correct or you will not receive a renewal packet. To update contact information:
- Call Cover Virginia at 1-855-242-8282
- Call the DFS Customer Call Center at 703-324-7500 or email DFSMyCase@FairfaxCounty.gov.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Medicaid members have been able to keep their health coverage even if their eligibility status changed. Due to the passage of the federal 2023 Consolidated Appropriations Act, Virginia and all other states will now begin re-evaluating eligibility for Medicaid members.
Coverage for members will not be canceled or reduced without first asking for updated information, but we need to be able to contact you.
Visit CoverVA.org for more information.
If you receive Medicaid you may also be eligible for SNAP, TANF, Energy Assistance, Child Care Assistance and more. Apply at CommonHelp.Virginia.gov/access or apply by phone at 1-833-5-CALL-VA (1-833-522-5582).
Learn about other low-cost medical assistance resources: Free or Low Cost Medical Care for Adults and Families
Partners, please use this toolkit to help spread the word!