The Fairfax County Public Library (FCPL) Board of Trustees on Wednesday evening honored several staff members with its annual Staff Excellence Award.
Customers nominated their favorite staff members this February, and a board committee selected winners from nearly 100 nominations honoring staff members from nineteen branches and the FCPL administration. Board members introduced each winner and shared a portion of the nomination during Wednesday’s virtual meeting.
2021 FCPL Staff Excellence Award Winners:
- Kevin Brooks – FCPL administration
- Wanla Freer – Reston Regional
- Jan Harrod – FCPL administration
- Ginger Hawkins – Patrick Henry
- Andrew Pendergrass – Pohick Regional
- Sujatha Perakalapudi – Reston Regional
- Charlotte Reineck – Martha Washington
- Barbara Rice – Kingstowne
- Kylie Sparks – Chantilly Regional
- Sailaja Vedula – Oakton
- Laura Wickstead – City of Fairfax Regional
Honorable mentions went to the entire curbside pickup team at Pohick Regional Library and to Sarah Souther at the George Mason branch.
Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you for your service to Fairfax County.