Park Authority

CONTACT INFORMATION: Open during regular business hours 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
703-324-8700 TTY 711
12055 Government Center Pkwy.
Fairfax, Virginia 22035
Jai Cole
Executive Director

Department Resources

Park Authority Board Seeks Public Comment on Proposed Fees

Visitors enjoy the parksThe Fairfax County Park Authority Board received staff's proposed 2024 Fee Schedule at its Oct. 25 meeting. The presentation was the first step in the board’s consideration process, which includes a 30-day community engagement period with opportunities for the public to submit feedback and comments online, as well as participate in a virtual public meeting scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 15 at 7 p.m.

The virtual public meeting will include a brief overview of the fee process followed by an opportunity for the public to provide comments to the Board. Those who wish to speak may sign up in advance by contacting the Public Information Office at or by calling 703-324-8700. Individual remarks are limited to three minutes. Organizations represented by a single speaker may have up to five minutes to provide remarks.

The public may also submit comments to the Park Authority Board for their consideration online or via U.S. Mail. Comments will be accepted beginning Monday, Oct. 30, through Wednesday, Nov. 29. Comments may be submitted at the Engage Fairfax County website, or they can be mailed to:

Park Authority Public Information Office

ATTN: 2024 Fee Schedule Comments

12055 Government Center Parkway, Suite 925

Fairfax, VA 22035

All comments must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 29, to be included in the Park Authority Board’s deliberations.

Every year, the Fairfax County Park Authority receives approximately 35% of the funding required to support its operation through the Fairfax County General Fund. The remaining 65% of the operating budget is funded from the Park Authority Revenue and Operating Fund, a fund required to operate with a minimum of 100% cost recovery. The operating budget of the Revenue and Operating Fund is derived from various fees for programs, classes, services and amenities.

For more information about the Park Authority’s proposed 2024 Fee Schedule, the upcoming public meeting and instructions for submitting comments, visit the Engage Fairfax County website.

To learn more the fee schedule, visit the Fairfax County Park Authority Fee Schedule website

Fairfax Virtual Assistant