Park Authority

CONTACT INFORMATION: Open during regular business hours 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
703-324-8571 TTY 711
12055 Government Center Pkwy.
Fairfax, Virginia 22035
Emilie Shumate
Youth Services Section Manager

Department Resources

Related Resources

Learn and Grow at a Park Authority Camp!

Register for Fall Camps

Sign your child up for an exciting, fun-filled day at camp during Teacher Workdays this fall! Children can learn the arts, cooking, sports, STEM (sceince, technology, engineering and mathematics) and more. Don’t miss the opportunity to secure a spot today for:

  • Monday, September 25
  • Monday, October 9
  • Monday, November 6
  • Tuesday, November 7

Related Resources

Camp Search

  • Camp cancellations may be done online through your house account. All cancellations/transfers/refunds/credits require 14 days advance notice of the camp you are cancelling. There is a $25 cancellation fee applied to all refunds.
  • If you cancel your camp within 13 days of the start of camp, you will NOT receive money back, but the system will allow you to drop out.
  • Transfers may not be done online. If you wish to transfer from one camp to another, you can avoid the cancellation fee by contacting the registration desk (703-222-4664) to process the change. Transfers require 14 days advance notice for the camp you are withdrawing from. Transfers cannot be done within 13 days of the start of a camp.
  • You can request a refund or transfer 14 days in advance by emailing us at
  • There are no refunds or credits for missed days due to work/vacation schedules, sick days or other non-emergency reasons.
  • Within 14 days of the start of a camp session, refunds are only approved for medical emergencies with a doctor’s note if it is received before the camp ends.
  • If a medical emergency occurs during camp, a doctor’s note is required within 24 hours for a pro-rated refund. Requests received after the camp session ends will not be granted.


Next Steps After Registering

  • Complete Camp Forms. Download handbook, complete forms and bring to first day of camp. 
  • Only the Camps listed below require additional documents. These camps are licensed by the VA Department of Education and therefore require an immunization record as well as proof of child’s identity on the first day of camp:
    • Kiddie Camps: Franconia RECenter
    • All About Animals: Frying Pan Park
    • Adventures on the Farm:  Frying Pan Park

Download Licensed Camp Additional Requirements


Fairfax Virtual Assistant