Meetings will be held in the Board Conference Room of the Fairfax County Government Center unless announced otherwise.
Ellen J. Hurley, Braddock District (Chairman)
James R. Hart, At-Large
Timothy J. Sargeant, At-Large
Peter F. Murphy, Springfield District
James T. Migliaccio, Lee District
Julie M. Strandlie, Mason District (alternate)
Mary D. Cortina, At-Large (alternate)
July 24, 2019 @6:30 p.m.
November 28, 2018
Karla Bruce, Chief Equity Officer, provided an overview of One Fairfax to the Committee.
April 4, 2018
The Committee was constituted and Ellen J. Hurley was elected Chairman. The Committee discussed the citizen engagement in land use matters and focused on the following topics:
- Current practices;
- Office of Public Affairs support for the Department of Planning and Zoning;
- Community perceptions and expectations; and
- Current and future engagement trends and needs.
Fairfax County Land Use Outreach and Communication Tools
September 13, 2017
The Committee discussed with staff the following topics:
1. Planning Commission bylaw update to reflect Site Specific Plan Amendment speaker times
2. Update on citizen engagement initiatives:
- Fairfax First Project Team 10;
- Urban Land Institute Regional Fellowship;
- Chairman Bulova's Community Council on Citizen Engagement; and
- Planning Commission speaker survey.
3. Responses to Planning Commission-related recommendations from Chairman Bulova's Community Council on Land Use Engagement:
- Communicate early in the process;
- Improve efforts to go into the community rather than holding meetings at the Government Center;
- Develop program to capture feedback from residents who attended meetings; and
- County meeting times should be more convenient.
April 26, 2017
The Committee was constituted and Ellen J. Hurley was elected Chairman. The Committee reviewed with the Zoning Administration Division staff the 2017 Zoning Ordinance Amendment Work Program.
February 1, 2017
The Committee was given a presentation on the upgrade to the new customized hardware and programming for the purpose of introduction of iPads for use by the Planning Commission members.