The Application Process for Retirement from Fairfax County involves completion of a "Retirement Packet". If you are within 6 months of your requested retirement date or DROP entry date, please call the Retirement Systems at 703-279-8200 to request a complete packet of retirement application forms.
This process includes the following applications you could choose to make:
- Normal Retirement
- Early Retirement
- Disability Retirement
- DROP (Deferred Retirement Option Program) Entry
- Deferred Vested Retirement
Your Retirement Counselor will need answers to specific questions to ensure you receive the appropriate packet of forms.
- Have you received a Benefit Estimate from this office in the past 6 months?
- Have your submitted a Benefit Estimate Request Form?
- Have you made the decision to retire, not enter DROP?
- What is your requested Retirement Date?
- Normal, Early, or Disability retirement or DROP entry?
- What is your current health coverage and plan for coverage in retirement?
- What is your current dental coverage and plan for coverage in retirement?