Project News and Updates
Outreach Events Held; Submit Feedback by Nov. 30
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) held three pop-up events near George Mason Regional Library to gather community input on pedestrian conditions and planned improvements in Annandale this fall:
- Wednesday, Oct. 28: 9-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 4: 4-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 5: 4-6 p.m.
Please check back here or follow FCDOT on Facebook at @FFXTransportation for updates.
Residents may also submit feedback to FCDOT via the online feedback form at the bottom of this page, or by writing or calling through Nov. 30.
This project proposes to fill in one of the pedestrian gaps along the Little River Turnpike corridor, providing 1,550 linear feet of nine foot wide curb abutted sidewalk between Hillbrook Drive and Little River Run Drive on the eastbound side of the road. The project features new pedestrian signalization (a Walk/Don't Walk sign at Little River Turnpike and Hillbrook Drive), bus stop loading pads, curbs and ramps, gutters, retaining walls and drainage improvements. As part of the project, water line and overhead utility relocation will be required.
- Little River Turnpike Walkway (Hillbrook Drive to Little River Run Drive) Citizens Information - October 2020
- Little River Turnpike Walkway (Hillbrook Drive to Little River Run Drive) Exhibit - October 2020
The preliminary project schedule includes:
- Initiate Land Acquisition – Spring 2021
- Complete Land Acquisition – Winter 2021
- Begin Construction – Spring 2022
- Complete Construction – Spring 2023
For questions or to provide feedback on this project, please contact FCDOT:
- Via the comment form on this page.
- By calling 703-877-5600, TTY 711.
- Via U.S. mail: Fairfax County Department of Tranportation, Attn: Little River Turnpike Walkway Project, 4050 Legato Road, Suite 400, Fairfax, VA 22033.
FCDOT ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need this information in an alternate format or would like to request reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711. Requests for assistance must be received at least 7 business days in advance of an event.